A brand new travel awaits you every day in Jejudo Island!
Muslim Friendly Food Options in Jeju Ⅱ_6 Vegan & Vegetarian Restaur...
Still think it’s hard to find halal or pork-free foods on Jeju? It might be true, since as of June 2019,
there is only one Halal restaurant on Jeju; however, the abundance of fresh seafood on Jeju is absolutely
charming the taste buds of any gourmet.
It can also be translated into a variety of Halal options for Muslim travelers. In addition, almost all
restaurants named ‘OO횟집(Seafood or ‘Hoetjip’ in Korean)’ or ‘OO수산(Susan) are pork-free, and the
surge in vegetarians in Korea has given rise to an increasing number of vegetarian dining spots on Jeju,
as well. And if you visit restaurants named “OO해녀의집 (Female Divers’ House or ‘Haenyeoeuijip’ in
Korean)” run by Jeju female divers, you can try traditional Jeju cuisine such as “Crab Rice Porridge
(Gingyijuk)” or “Abalone Porridge (Jeonbokjuk)”, without which a visit to Jeju wouldn’t be complete.
Not only that, Gimbab, one of Korea’s more iconic foods, is also unique on Jeju, mingling with fresh
seafood such as abalone or prawn.
friendly to seafood, vegetarian and to special Jeju Gimbap.
· Note: Although the eateries here are all pork-free, many of them do serve alcohol, just like many other restaurants in Korea.
II. Fresh & Wholesome Choice _ Vegetarian & Organic Restaurants
It has always been quite a monumental challenge to find vegan or vegetarian-friendly foods on Jeju Island…but maybe not any more! The recent surge in vegetarians in Korea has also given rise to an increasing number of vegan or vegetarian- dining spots on Jeju. There is now a wide range of vegetarian options to choose from, but one thing you should remember is that they are often hard to find for those not in the know. Here are 8 restaurants Pippi recommends for vegetarian and Muslim travelers.
Muslim Friendly Food Options in Jeju
Ⅱ. 6 Vegetarian & Organic Restaurants
Ⅳ. Gimbap, Unique on Jeju
1. Jageun Bueok (작은부엌) / vegan
As its name suggests, “Jageun Bueok” has only 2 tables in a cozy little place remodeled from an old Jeju stone house. “Jageun Bueok” can be a bit hard to locate for first visitors due to its tiny little sign, but you might know you’ve found the right place when you step inside; various succulent pots will welcome you at the entrance.
· Menu: Full-course meal (bean soup, grilled rice cake, white radish pancake, grilled mushroom & wild vegetable salad, brown rice ball, oven croquette, and coffee or tea) 30,000 won per head
2. Babiboyak (밥이보약)
“Babiboyak” has only 3 options; wild vegetable bibimbap, soft tofu soup, and perilla seed sujebi (handpulled perilla-dough soup). At first sight, this is just another simple restaurant located in downtown Jeju city; however, the food, which is quite neat and simple, seems to have a certain philosophy behind it. Absolutely! The owner and chef of this eatery has mastered several kinds of traditional Korean temple cuisine... Read more
· Menu: Soft tofu soup 9000 won, wild vegetable bibimbap 9000 won, perilla seed sujebi 9000 won
3. And Yu Café (앤드유카페) / Vegan café
The eatery is a vegan café with no use of any meat or dairy products. Andy, the British husband and Yu, the Korean wife created this sensory space with the vintage, cozy atmosphere of an old Jeju house.
· Menu: Vegi-bean burger 9000 won, Vegi-bean hamburger steak 12000 won, AndYu special sandwich 8000 won, cakes and biscuits
4. Bottle & Bowl (보틀앤볼) / Salad Restaurant
If you are a health-conscious or a Muslim traveler, Bottle & Bowl, a salad and juice bar located in the center of Seogwipo city, could be a great choice.
· Menu: Salad Bowl 8500~9500 won, Smoothie Bowl (green, berry) 7000 won, Sandwich (avocado, mushrooms) 9000 won
5. Dasoni (다소니) / Vegetarian, Vegan-friendly
When the chilly season starts tickling your ear lobes, it’s time for the taste of perilla seed sujebi at Dasoni. This speciality is often preferred by Koreans during the fall/winter seasons, but you can try it any time. Its location, only 3.4 km from Jeju International Airport, attracts many travelers for their first meal or last meal on Jeju Island. The signature dish, ‘Perilla seed sujebi,’ which is nicely seasoned with a house made special sauce, is highly favored by healthy food lovers... Read more
· Menu: Perilla seed sujebi (handpulled perilla-dough soup) 8000 won, bibimbap 8000 won, perilla seed porridge (들깨죽) 8000 won
6. Bille&Nerdrang (빌레와너드랑) / Vegetarian, Vegan-friendly
“Bille&Neoderang”, located inside the forest of a northeastern village of Jeju Island, is a simple and neat eatery run by an old couple. Your meal with no artificial flavors, might be served a bit slowly, but a cup of barley tea will hit the spot while you wait.
· Menu: Healthy Korean set menu 8000 won, seasoned cirsium bibimbap 8000 won, Perilla seed sujebi 8000 won