What's the news about Jeju Island? That pager is available to you.
The 5th Jeju Batdam Festival (Sept. 28 & Sept. 29)
A unique window on Jeju's heritage to the core!
The fifth Jeju Batdam Festival begins September 28th at the Jeju Batdam Park in Woljeong-ri, Gujwa-eup.
The festival will offer a unique window on Jeju’s agricultural traditional culture and opportunity to learn about Jeju batdam which is FAO's GIAHS (Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems).
Visitors can try their hand at building the island’s traditional stone farmfield walls for which the festival is named, rolling large stones, and some other activities.
One of the highlights will be a hike along a batdam path with a traditional Jeju lunchbox, called a (동고량) “donggoryang.” A guide will accompany hikers to explain the history and characteristics of Jeju’s batdam.
KCTV Jeju, the organizer, will provide the traditional lunchboxes and some souvenirs to people who sign up in advance to take part in the programs. For signing up in advance, please visit the Jeju batdam homepage or KCTV Jeju’s website.
· Hike along a batdam path with a guide
- September 29 (Sat): 11:00~12:00, 11:30~13:00, 13:00~14:00, 14:00~16:00, 13:30~15:30
- September 30 (Sun): 11:00~12:00, 12:30~13:30, 13:30~14:30, 14:30~16:00, 15:30~16:30
- Building the island’s traditional stone walls
- Rolling large stones
- Batdam Food Contest
2019 Jeju Batdam Festival
· When? Sept. 28 (Sat) and Sept. 29 (Sun)
· Where? Jeju Batdam Park in Woljeong-ri
· Participation Fees free
· Organized by Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, Jeju Agricultural & Fishery Heritage Committee
· Contact 82-64-120
· For registration information, please click here.
· By Bus: Take bus no. 201 at Jeju City Bus Terminal & stop at 'Manjanggul Entrance'
(51 stops, 1.1 hrs.) → The park is a 1.5-kilometer walk north from there.
· By Taxi: It will take for about 42 mins. from Jeju City Bus Terminal. (28.5km, about 22000 KRW).